Your school or church group can provide ‘Catch-up School’ for children from backgrounds of abuse and human trafficking. With your group’s support, girls like Maly can become whole again:
Sold into a brothel by her own mother, Maly was rescued at age 13. Even before she was trafficked, Maly had never attended school. She arrived at Hagar with tremendous emotional, educational, and spiritual needs. Now, she has caught up to her grade level, excels in school, and she dreams of attending college to be a counselor. She says, ‘I want to help children like me.’
Education transforms lives, dreams, and futures. A $600 scholarship from your group can break the cycle of poverty and abuse.
When you join the Freedom Scholarship campaign, you commit to raise $600 which provides tuition, uniform, and transportation for one child in Hagar’s Catch Up school (called the Community Learning Center).
Here’s how to get started:
1. Watch a five-minute video to see the school in action.
All children enrolled are delayed in their studies, and over 90% of them successfully complete two grades each year! For a DVD version of the video, just contact us.
2, Share Hagar presentation with script of children’s stories, so your group knows how they can transform lives. Request the presentation.
3. Determine your fundraising plan. Here’s a list of ideas.
4. Contact us for hard-copy materials, including giving envelopes. We’ll mail them out to you.
5. Hold a benefit concert, organize a walk/run, or take an offering from your group or church: if 20 people give $30 each, it supports a child for a whole year.
6. Give online or send checks to Hagar USA, c/o Town Bank, P.O. 180620, Delafield, WI 53018.
Education transforms lives, dreams, and futures. When your group supports a child, you help break the cycle of poverty and abuse.
Our child protection policies don’t allow us to share the real idenity of the children who your group supports.