Operations Director, Cambodia
Hagar is an international organization committed to the recovery and empowerment of
women and children who are victims of human rights abuse; particularly domestic violence,
human trafficking and sexual exploitation.Our Mission: Whatever it takes for as long as it takes to restore a broken life!Hagar Cambodia is now looking for a passionate and qualified candidate to fulfill the
vacant position of “Operations Director” to provide strategic oversight, leadership and
results-based management of Hagar’s core operations. This position will be based in Phnom
Title: Operations Director
Reports to: Primary reporting line will be to: Country Director. Regular liaison will be required with: Operation Managers & Leadership Team
Location: Phnom Penh
Position Purpose: Provide strategic oversight, leadership and results-based management of Hagar’s core operations.
MAIN SCOPES OF WORK
Hagar was established in 1994 in Cambodia to serve individual women and children who have survived severe exploitation and human rights abuse. In 2009, Hagar expanded its unique model of long-term, individualized care in Afghanistan and Vietnam. In each unique context, Hagar is committed to the whole person for the long-term: “whatever it takes for as long as it takes to restore a broken life”. Through protection, recovery, empowerment and community integration, Hagar walks with each woman and child on their journey towards wholeness.
Programme/Project/Services Description: Hagar Cambodia implements projects through three core operational units: Education & Employment; Client Care; and Case Management.
Why this position exists: To ensure that all core operations are working and operating effectively together with a tenacious focus on quality and innovation to deepen the work of Hagar in Cambodia.
MAIN STAKEHOLDERS & RELATIONSHIPS
External: Anti-trafficking national taskforce
Internal: Country Director
Membership: Chab Dai Coalition
- A Bachelor degree in social work or similar, and related post graduate qualifications
- At least 5 years program management experience in an International NGO
- Significant experience in leading/managing social services to survivors of abuse
- Senior management experience in the acquisition and management of government
or multilateral grants/contracts
- Cross-cultural experience in South East Asia
- Basic financial management experience
- Strong knowledge of holistic recovery practices including case management and
- Strong understanding of and commitment to quality programs through disciplined
design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Deep commitment to Hagar’s mission & core values
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal and team- based relationships
- Strong networker.
Interested applicants should submit your CV, cover letter and application form to Hagar
through contact details below.
Application Form and Job Description are available at:
Closing date: 19 October 2012
*Candidates with the attached Hagar’s application form are highly recommended