Work Readiness Trainer, Cambodia
Hagar is an international Christian organization committed to the recovery and empowerment of women and children who are victims from human rights abuse; particularly domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Our Mission: Whatever it takes for as long as it takes to restore a broken life!
Hagar Cambodia is now looking for the passionate and qualified candidate to fulfill vacant position as “Work Readiness Trainer” for Career Pathways Programme based in Phnom Penh.
MAIN SCOPES OF WORK
- Delivery of a range of education and training courses on work readiness, life skill, personal development, literacy and numeracy to clients who come from backgrounds of trafficking, neglect, abuse, violence and/or exploitation
- Development of materials, learning resources and lesson plans for a wide range of education and training courses
- Develop a competency-based assessment and monitoring tools for training
- Students’ progress is regular monitored and actions (including mentoring and coaching) are taken to minimize risks
- The quality of the training is reflected upon and actions are taken to make improvements
- Regular liaison and effective communication with other Career Pathways staff and staff from other Hagar Programs
- The development of client’s career goals is facilitated
- Preparation of graduation and alumni events
- Degree and/or completion of formal training courses in a related field (education, training, facilitation, train-the-trainer, community development)
- At least 2 years’ experience in training students with backgrounds of trafficking, neglect, abuse, violence and/or exploitation
- At least 2 years’ experience in delivering training relevant to at least one of the following topic areas: Work Readiness, Literacy, Numeracy, Life Skills and/or English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Khmer
- Excellent participatory group facilitation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of adult education principles and ‘best practice’ teaching methodologies
- Ability work outside of standard hours, flexibility, good team player, willingness to multitask
- Able to take independence of action as required
- Must have process as well as results orientation
- Values diversity and is committed to people capacity growth
- Commitment to life-long learning,
- Willingness to commit to Hagar’s core competencies and core values
- Comfortable working in a Christian environment
Interested applicants should submit your resume, cover letter, and application form to Hagar by using the contact detail below:
#19, St. 57, Sangkat Boeng Kengkang I, Khan Chamkarmorn, P.O Box 1521, PP, Cambodia.
Tel: (855)23 211 961/ Fax: (855)23 211 964
Closing date: until position is filled
*Candidates with the attached Hagar’s application form are highly recommended